Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Encouragement


Last week was the last week of Bible study at my church for the summer.  I was sad to see it end, I love the studies and I love the other women in the group.  They are all so nice and encouraging. I felt enveloped by angels, and rather spoiled!

At the end of the evening, a lovely lady I knew came up to me and gave me this simple vase of flowers.  She is the one woman outside of my family that emails me every week responding to my latest postings on my blog.  Her words are always so encouraging that I look forward to these simple gifts of love every week.

When she gave me this bouquet, my heart broke for a moment, and this little Miss Independent felt this gift bestowed upon her soul.  

I have always been this way, as long as I can remember.  I have always felt I didn't need anybody, I can do it myself.  I know I have frustrated many a loved one with this attitude, but there it is.  

I don't know why I have this.  Maybe because as a little girl in a small town school feeling very much alone, I had to cope, alone, with the bullying.  The teachers never stopped it, they never punished those who hurt me.

And now as a single adult, my Amazonian attitude continues to be my mantra.  It is not a good thing.  

But this encouragement, out of the blue, ministered to me.  And I am reminded of what relationship is.  Believing in one another, supporting one another, reminding one another that you are on their side.  It is the elixir for our souls, the balm that soothes the aches and pains.

No comments: