Thursday, April 17, 2014

Walking with Tension


A while back the author of this book spoke at my church.  She talked about having cerebral palsy.  I woke up when I heard that phrase and paid attention.  I wept like a baby when I heard her talk about how her life was in the past, so much like mine. 

Now I just finished her memoir, and again, I wept reading about how she was bullied like a child, like me.  How she had few friends, like me.  How she never dated, like me.  How she finally came to acceptance, like me. 

I am in the process of writing my own memoir, and her story resonated so much with me.  Her honesty was refreshing, and I so appreciated her courage to tell her story.

I want to tell my story too.  I want my story to help others, like hers has helped me.  I highly recommend this book, which you can get on amazon. 

I hope her story can help so many others, like she has helped me. 

No comments: