Monday, April 21, 2014

Church of the Open Door

I love my church. I love the music and the sermons.  The music is lively, and the sermons are meaningful.  I can't say enough great things about my church.  I have been there for 20 years!  I also love the women's Bible study: Common Ground.  They are such a great group of women who are so loving and welcoming.  I feel surrounded by angels. 


I love that I don't have to close my eyes and bow my head when we pray.  I could never bow due to my short and stiff neck.  And I like to keep my eyes open so I can lip-read the speaker.  Why do people speak quieter when they pray? 


Anyways, in case you are interested, their website is thedoor.org.  There you can listen to recent sermons. If you want to listen to older sermons, you can go to iTunes and listen on your computer or Apple product.


KTIS 98.5 FM has similar music.  I like to listen to this station.  It is amazing how music can change your attitude.  If you are not in the Twin Cities area, you can listen online at myktis.fm. 


Both these things have helped me so much over the years.  They are not perfect, nothing on earth is.  But they help me remember what matters, bring me joy and peace.  They remind of the truths of God's Word, they fill me with God's grace.  It is so nice to find a church that is not legalistic or dead.  That is not full of crazy people that make you feel guilty all the time.  And the music, most of it on KTIS, is modern and not old-fashioned.  It is not a bunch of funeral dirges or sopranos singing with a trill. 


It makes me thankful that I live in a country where I can worship God, have access to His word, have free access to music in the media and the internet.  I am not persecuted here.  But in the Middle East and in communist countries, they are.   I have no idea what they are going through.  But I do pray and give to them.  Lately I forgot how blessed I am to be born here.  I wish I never forgot. 

No comments: