Friday, February 15, 2013

Italy: Tuscany

San Gimignano and Pisa are tourist traps I hate to say.  You go there to see the sites and the many tacky souvenir stands.  But if you want to have a memorable bathroom experience, they are your spots.  Pisa has a bathroom where everyone waits in one long line.  Men will come in to raise a fuss, unknowingly having a tussle with the bathroom attendant.  It is quite entertaining to watch Italians argue with each other.  San Gimignano has a hole in the floor, literally.  I came out to ask the bathroom attendant if this was indeed the ladies bathroom, but of course the language barrier, so I had to proceed to squat.  The Leaning Tower is a lot smaller than I thought it would be, and I did not climb it for sure I would fall right off.  San Gimignano is known for many towers.  I was not too impressed. 
Piazza cisterna 01.jpg


No comments: