Thursday, July 30, 2015

Second Self-Published Book


I have just published my second book on Amazon: The Word is Peace.  This is a juvenile story about a young woman who goes on a journey to save her village from the Death Queen.  With her pet companions, she encounters Monsters along to way to gain the Armor of God.  

I wrote this when The Hunger Games was popular among children my niece's age.  I liked that the story had a lead female heroine, but I didn't like how violent it was.  I instead wanted to create a female heroine who used the Word of God to fight her battles. 

So if you want to see what it looks like, you can click on the link about.  I think this whole process of self-publishing is pretty cool.  I have tried to get this published the "official" way, but I haven't taken any workshops on writing juvenile fiction, just general fiction.  Maybe that's it.  But I didn't want to limit this story to just young folks.  I wanted adults to be able to read it too.  So we shall see.  I guess it doesn't hurt to try!


No comments: