Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Steam


I just saw a fabulous show this past weekend that my niece, Emily is in.  She is on this poster, the lower left corner.  She plays the leader of the aliens and the leader of the Morlocks (looks like a post-apocalyptic biker gang).  She was in most of the scenes, and did most of the acts.  I was and am amazed at her talent and her energy!

Emily has been performing here for about 10 years, and does everything except clowning (I hate clowns!).  My favorite act in the show is the wheel of steel, which is terribly dangerous but I can see why she loves to do it. 

She wants to go professional someday, and I hope that she does.  I know she has the talent for it.  She has worked so hard and suffered through so many injuries, yet she doesn't give up.  She is a tough person, not one to mess with!

I am so proud of her, and I hope she knows how much I love her.  We are not a demonstrative family, and I know that even though Emily and are so similar in some ways, in other ways we are very different.  But I still love her and am amazed by her.  

No comments: