Friday, July 20, 2018

NORTHWESTERN CHRISTIAN WRITERS CONFERENCE


I went to this conference last weekend.  I loved it!  I was inspired to begin writing again.  I took two seminars on getting my work published, and another on coping with the rejection and failure.  The woman who taught that wrote an excellent book that I am reading now, a fiction taking place during WWI.  I so enjoy reading Christian fiction because there isn't gratuitous sex, violence, or swearing.  Those things aren't necessary in a good story.  I figure if you need all that then you must not have a very good story.  Not that mine are great.  

I was encouraged in remembering that I was offered a contract three years ago for my memoir.  I kind of regret not taking it.  But I was focusing on my new career as an ESL teacher, and my dad just had his accident, and to be honest, I was scared.  I never imagined that anyone would be interested in my story.  So I think I will try again.  I need to edit it and look into sending it to publishing companies again.  I have some ideas percolating in my mind, it's just a matter of getting it done.  It will be a while though, with the other stuff in my life, but at least I have something else to do in my free time.  I actually miss writing.  I guess maybe I needed a break.  So we shall see  I also have to find help for my sore arm and hand.  But I will write about that in a later blog.  My arm and hand are sore.   

No comments: