Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Memes

Image result for memeImage result for meme




Image result for meme
Image result for meme

I needed a good laugh.  I just got some irritating news.  But after reading these memes, I can smile again.  Oh, change is so irritating.  First, one of my crabs already dies!  I thought they were supposed to live longer in captivity but apparently not.  Also, next month there will be no more Saturday evening services at my church.  Finally, where I teach English as a Second Language, we might have to move elsewhere, who knows where.

BUT, some possibly good news from the changes.  First, church will finally start the Transformation Center in the fall, which I am excited about.  The reason school might have to move is because an alternative high school may move in to the college, and may take up space that my classes use.  But they may have a day care which I could work at.  I do miss child care.

I read a blog about how someone was having issues with the Dillard's interview in People magazine last week.  I did'n't read it as I usually don't watch reality TV as it is anything but.  I have enough reality as it is.  The blogger felt cynical and discouraged about what the young new mom said.  I won't go into it but I can relate with the blogger.  If I read it I would feel the same too.  As Christians we get into a thinking that we have to be "perfect" all the time.  I know I do.   But I am a perfectionist.  But does this encourage anyone or bring anyone closer to Christ?  I don't know.  Maybe it does some but for me, it just seems to draw me further away.  Also in the same magazine was about Rock Hudson having AIDS.  He wanted the world to know he was dying of it, and it was from having unprotected sex (being a homosexual).  I thought this very brave, at a time where people were being VERY judgmental towards those with AIDS, even those who got it from blood transfusions.  To me that speaks more of Christ's love than people who act like their lives are all unicorns and roses.  I don't mean to demean the Dillards, but I just can't relate to them.  I can relate to Rock, I can relate to the LGBT community in  a way, for I know what it is like to be different, to be born different.  I don't really know the cause of being gay, but I do know that people can be born with mixed up things, like me, like those with both gender's reproductive parts or neither.   I am not sure but I think this is not an easy choice, if it is even a choice.  Things are not as black and white as we would like to think they are.  There are lot of grays.  I think we make them black and white to help us to feel like we have some sort of control over things that scare us, or things that we don't understand.

I know this is a weird blog, from one topic to a seemingly different and unrelated topic.  I sometimes know what I am going to write but sometimes, it just pops out.  I have been thinking about the gay issue for a while, knowing full well that it may offend some.  I just have to speak from my heart and mind, and not worry about what people think.  It is the love of Christ that transforms us, not the rules of the Torah.  If that was the case, His death would have been in vain.

No comments: