Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Holocoust Rememberance Day


Thursday, April 16, is Holocaust Remembrance Day.  Let us not forget that 6 million Jews died 70 years ago, only a lifetime ago.  The people who bear witness to that crime are leaving us.  But I hope that we can carry on the memory so that we don't allow it to happen again.  These following quotes reiterate this point:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.

A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.

The most violent element in society is ignorance.

Image result for holocaust remembrance day liars killers london
This poster commemorating the Holocaust Memorial Day this year was defaced in London, England.  I am appalled that after all that we know, after all the eyewitness accounts, that people still stupidly and stubbornly believe that it didn't happen, and think that Jews are killers.  This boggles my mind.  I feel for the Jews.  They are constantly being persecuted for where they are born, what linage they come from.  It's not even a religious issue.  It is an ignorance issue.  And there are an amazingly enormous amount of ignorant idiots out there who continue to persecute.  God has not forgotten His people.  He made a promise to them, and He never backs out on a promise.  I believe this, which encourages me that whatever I may face, God made a promise to me: to never leave me nor forsake me.  He is with me forever: Emmanuel.

May we never forget.

No comments: