Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Fringe of His Cloak




And a woman who had been suffering from a hemorrhage for twelve years, came up behind Him and touched the [p]fringe of His [q]cloak; 21 for she was saying [r]to herself, “If I only touch His garment, I will [s]get well.” 22 But Jesus turning and seeing her said, “Daughter, take courage; your faith has [t]made you well.” [u]At once the woman was [v]made well. (Matt. 9)


When they had crossed over, they came to land at Gennesaret. 35 And when the men of that place [r]recognized Him, they sent word into all that surrounding district and brought to Him all who were sick; 36 and they implored Him that they might just touch the fringe of His cloak; and as many as touched it were cured. (Matt. 14)


Tonight I received my own prayer shawl.  Jennifer, an amazing woman in my Bible study gave me a prayer shawl that she knitted for me.  It is like the shawls the Jews wore during that time, rectangular with tassels on the four corners.  I don't know much about the meaning of the tassels but I do know that the Jews of Jesus' day knew.  And they knew that there was healing. Not in the tassels, but that they were symbolic of the healing that could only come from the Power of God through Jesus.


Tonight I experienced healing in my heart.  A healing balm to the soothe the sorrows I felt today as I grieved not only the loss of my pet, but also my grandparents.  I remember them fondly especially every Christmas, and am sad that those seemingly carefree days are gone. 


But I was reminded tonight that I am still full.  Full of people in my life who remember me in my time of grief, people who have not forgotten me and think me worthy of their time and attention.  I marvel at the beauty of the women in my Bible study group.  And I wonder how I have become so blessed to know such loving women, who demonstrate to me the love of Jesus.


Thank you women of Common Ground, for showing me the love of Jesus.  May God bless you richly in your faithfulness to be a holy vessel of His love. 











No comments: