Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Things That Matter

My cat makes me laugh.  He stands at the door outside my apartment and wants me to open it.  I open it.  He goes out. I close it.  Then he wants to go in.  I open it.  Then in goes in.  I close it.  Then he wants to go out. 


I write this as I am frustrated with my computer, dissatisfied with my memoir, and clueless as to what to write about next on this blog. 


But then I have to remember that God is in control.  He will never leave me nor forsake me.  He will not abandon me or give up on me.


He will empower me when I write.  And sometimes I feel that, like something flowing through my fingertips when I write, wondering where the words I type come from.


I feel that when I figure out a way to communicate a grammar rule to the students I teach at ESL.


I feel that when I help a family and pet fall in love and go home together.


Alt=series titles and a view of Downton AbbeyAnd I am reminded that these are the things that matter. 


When my parents and I enjoy watching Downton Abbey.


When my niece and I goof off and make funny noises.


Cold Stone CreameryIced Caffè MochaWhen I enjoy Cold Stone Creamery and watch Big Bang Theory with my sister. 


These are the things that matter. 
Having a warm bed on a cold night.


Seinfeld logo.svgHaving my fave iced mocha at Starbucks. 
Laughing at old Seinfeld episodes or icanhascheezeburger.



In moments like this, I remember that LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL.  And life is worth living, even when
the computer doesn't work,
even when I have writer's block, even when I am not perfect. 


No comments: