Tuesday, January 21, 2014

New Beginnings

                              


This is the sunset of Costa del Sol, in the southern edge of Spain.  The only sunset that I ever took a picture of.  I love to look at this photo as it warms my soul, and reminds me of my bravery in traversing the continent of Europe.  How I enjoyed those moments.


Now I am trying to divest of that same bravery by writing and publishing my writings.  I just emailed one agent and three publishers a query of my story.  I also put it on authonomy (http://authonomy.com/books/57738/the-word-is-peace/) to get some word of mouth going.  I don't know what will become of it but I know I have to try.  If I fail, I fail, at least I know it.  I hate to end my life wondering if.  I think of my grandma how unhappy she was when I was an adult.  She loved being a grandma but once the kids were grown, she seemed to have no purpose in life anymore.  She lived to care for children.  But without that, there seemed to be no meaning.  I don't want to be like that.  I don't want to live my life in fear. 


So I look at this sunset as if to remind myself that I have this life to live, and I better make it worthwhile!   I am here for a reason, defied the so-called experts for a reason.  So I am determined to not waste another day fretting about what if.


http://synchroblog.wordpress.com/

No comments: