Monday, October 17, 2016

America


I don't like to write about politics, or post it on Facebook.  I fear I would wind up alienating half of my friends, or offending them.  I also fear I might be wrong.  Besides, I write on my blog to encourage, (except when I have my period, no holds barred), and I usually try post positive or funny things on Facebook, as there is too much negativity in the world.  I don't have any right to try to convince people they are wrong and I am right.  For all I know, I could be wrong!  That is what is so great about our country, we are free to choose.

Every week I pray for a specific ministry for Samaritan's Purse, as I get their Prayer Point booklet for specific prayer requests.  It always saddens me as I read about a group of people suffering in the world, and I am reminded of how good I have it.

Once in a while I will get an email on my Klippel-Feil website from a parent of a child with KFS.  That saddens me too, especially when the family lives in the Middle East, as it seems that in at least parts of it, health care is limited, especially for children with disabilities.  And I am thankful that I live in a country and a time such as this.

So even though this election is horrible and I wonder who the heck to vote for, I have to remember that no matter what, I still live in the greatest country on God's green earth.  We are a republic, rule based on law.  This means that the Constitution and the Bill of Rights dictate what we do, not politicians.  And they can't change it, no matter how much they want to or try.  For it is by the people, for the people, of the people.  It is not ruled by the media, it is not ruled by politicians.  It is ruled by us.

I am a free woman.  I can vote for whom I want, I can believe in whom I want.  I can do what I want.  God gave us a free mind, He expects us to use it.  Yes, there are consequences, but freedom is most important.  We are the only truly free country.  Even free to be hateful and mean.  Not a good idea but too many people died to ensure our freedoms.  I don't want to throw that away.  And too many people are dying now for freedom.  I don't want to take for granted what others don't have.  

Because I am free.

No comments: