Wednesday, November 18, 2015

I Still Believe


Every Friday night staring at 5 pm, KTIS (98.5) starts playing people's "I Believe" statements that they call in, while they play I believe theme songs throughout the night. My favorite song is I Still Believe by Russ Taff.

I was driving to my parents house last Friday, with Popeye's chicken smelling good in the car, with tears streaming down my face as I thought of the terror attacks in Paris.  It affected me so, partly because I was sick and when I am sick I also am more emotional.  But also because I was in Paris during 9-11, and I love Paris.  I so felt for the people there, and I despaired of this never-ending battle against Islam extremists would ever be over.

So I turned the radio to KTIS and here came this song.  My tears turned to tears of hope, tears of belief.  So even back then, I decided I wanted this week's post to be my belief statements, in the hopes that someone else would be encouraged and not despair.

I BELIEVE:
God is in control.
I have assurance of salvation because of the blood of Christ.
Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, the Son of man.
There is no other god besides God, Yahweh, Jehovah.
God is with me.
Jesus means God Saves.
God will never leave me nor forsake me.
The Holy Spirit is within me.
Jesus was born of a virgin, crucified for our sins, and raised from the dead.
The Holy Word of God.
God created the earth, and all that is in it.
Jehovah Jireh, the Lord will Provide.
God is the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End, the Alpha and the Omega.
Salvation is a gift from God to be received by each one of us.
I am saved through grace, not through my good works.
God is perfect, I am not.
God knows what is happening.
God is bigger than the terrorists.  He has won the war against evil.
God's Word is true, always and forever.
God is love.  God is good.  God is great.

No comments: