Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving


I so enjoy looking at memes on the internet.  I really needed this laugh after my pseudo-nap where I sobbed because I missed my kitty.

My sister helped me put up my Christmas decorations today.  After she left I intended to take a nap but for some reason, I guess because this will be my first Christmas without Chocolate, I started to cry.

I had intended to write today about the things I am thankful for, but them my grief got in the way and I started to feel sorry for myself.  Sad that Chocolate was gone.  Angry that he had to die.  It just doesn't seem fair.  I know life is not fair, but still, it is so hard to lose someone that I have loved for so long.  Someone who greeted every morning I woke up and every time I came home.  I just miss him and his beautiful face and his eyes that always looked at me as I looked at him.  It amazes me how animals know to look at the eyes. 

But I am thankful that I got to spend 18 years with him. I am thankful I helped him stop biting me.  I am thankful that he finally stopped trying to eat the tree.  I am thankful for all that I was able to do to make his life better.

But now that I think of other things going on in the world, I am thankful I live in a relatively safe place and in a country where I am free and considered equal.

I am thankful that I am free to worship Christ and not be persecuted. 

I am thankful that my dad worked hard all his life to provide for his family.

I am thankful that my mom makes such good food and desserts!

I am thankful that my sister Lisa and I get along and have fun together.

I am thankful to have a brother-in-law that accepts me as I am and is a good father and husband.

I am thankful for my niece Emily that we have fun together.  She is amazing in so many ways.  She is so beautiful inside and out.

I am thankful for the dogs that help me in my sorrow.

I am thankful for my humble home.  A warm bed to sleep in.  Food in the fridge and cupboards.  Clothes to keep me warm in this too-long winter.

I guess I have a pretty good life.  I traveled a lot, got a college education, had a career, had wonderful family, relatives, and friends. 

I guess I am pretty blessed.  I can read and write, when so many in the world cannot.  I can participate in my government when others cannot. 

I am so rich compared to much of the world.  I live in the greatest country in God's green earth.

And I have such brave men and women that continue to serve and sacrifice so that we can continue to have these great blessings.

God bless America!

No comments: