Thursday, January 31, 2013

Paris: the City of Light, Eiffel Tower

Although Paris has the rudest citizens I have met in Europe, I have to say it is the most beautiful city, inside and out.  It takes one's breath away, mere words cannot fully describe it.  I will try my humblest best through my pictures.  One must take a river cruise on the Seine at dusk.  There are so many buildings lit up it is like Christmas all over. 
The Eiffel (e-full) Tower was built in 1889 for the Centennial World's Fair by Gustave Eiffel.  It is 1000 feet tall, has 7000 tons of metal, and 50 tons of paint.  You can take an elevator or steps to the three levels.  People usually go to the 2nd for it is not so windy and sites are more easily recognizable.  It is overwheming standing under it, I kept imagining it crashing down on me.  But as you can see, it is graceful, yet powerful.

No comments: