Monday, December 10, 2018

Wurmbrand


I have been a supporter of Voice of the Martyrs for many years, and recently they gave me a movie and book about Richard Wurmbrand, the founder.

Wurmbrand was tortured in a Romanian Communist prison for a total of 14 years, during the height of communism.  There were many atrocities done to many people in these prisons.  It boggles  the mind the depravity of the perpetrators.  But they were raised in hate, much like our present-day terrorists.  All they know is hate.  So even though Richard and many others suffered through a living hell, they still loved their attackers.  This is amazing to me.  How can one love others like that?  But I am reminded that it was not in their nature to love, but through Christ in them, that taught them and empowered them to love.

Because of this great love of Christ in these brave men and women, many were saved and redeemed from a life of hate to a life of love.  What an amazing witness this is of God's power, that He can change people to that extent.  That is miraculous.  Their stories remind me of how good I have it, and how blessed I am to live at a place and time that I am free to worship Christ and fellowship with other believers.  I am free to read the Bible and talk about it.  I just have many freedoms and am so thankful for that.  

No comments: