Monday, October 9, 2017

I am 50


Tomorrow I will be 50.  It seems unreal that I have lived that long.  When I was a child, 50 seemed so old.  But now that I am almost there, it really doesn't.  I still feel like a kid sometimes, maybe because I have none of my own.  But it's good to feel young, even though my body tells me everyday that I am getting older.

Here are some things I learned in my 50 years of existence:
Life is too short to get upset about the little things.
Friendships are worth more than politics.  
Being a parent is an awesome responsibility.  One not to be taken lightly.
Marriage will not change your spouse for the better, but will double your problems.
People are not perfect, don't expect them to be.
I am not perfect, don't expect me to be.
I wouldn't be able to survive this life without Jesus in it.
Life is hard.
Everyone has problems.
True love doesn't try to change a person.
What is inside is way more important than what is on the outside.
One can always tell cosmetic surgery or toupees to try to look younger.
It's OK to play with Barbies!
Animals are lot easier to have reciprocal relationships with than people.
God is the best One to have a relationship.  I can always count on Him.
Good parents teach their children right from wrong, and set limits.  Kids need that.
Marriage is a mutual sacrifice. 
Relation is not what makes a family.  Love is.
School prepares you for nothing.  Life does.
This is the only life you have.  Don't waste it wanting something you will never get.
Stand up for yourself.  No one else will.
Don't wait for help.  Get it.
Money does not buy happiness.
Beautiful people also have problems.
All the degrees in the world will not make you smarter.
It's OK to be weird.  It's better than being boring.
Life is beautiful.

No comments: