Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Mother's Day

Image result for mom memes

When I was in trouble not only did my mom say my full name but she also inserted my dad's middle name: Francis.  So it was, "AMY JEAN FRANCIS HETLAND!" 

But in all seriousness, I have the greatest mom in the world.  I visited a friend in the hospital today and it took me back to my own hospital stays as a child, and how my mom was always there during visiting hours.  Except for the time she was sick so my dad came.  

She went with me to all my doctor appointments.  She stayed through all my dance classes and recitals.  

When I came home from school she made me Spaghettios and grilled cheese, knowing full well I didn't each lunch at school, for I was too fussy.  

She played games with me and took me shopping.  She always tried top keep me out and about, knowing that in my depression I just wanted to hole up in my room and wait for life to somehow miraculously change.

Even now she knows when there is something wrong.  She worries about me.  She tolerates my craziness, but still tells me to drive safely.  

Her motherness never ends.  But I guess that's what a good mother is.  She never stops being a mom.  

No comments: