Monday, January 5, 2015

Nothing


I sometimes say this, somewhat sarcastically, but somewhat thinking it is a good policy to follow.  People can disappoint you.  Pets can die.  Jobs get lost.  Diplomas guarantee nothing.

But this I do know and have experienced: that God is with me.  He is for me.  His love endures forever.  He is faithful. 

God is merciful.  He is good.  He sees me and hears me.  He knows me.  He accepts me.  He loves me.

This means more to me than anything else.  To know I can count on Him.  To know that He hears my prayers.  To know that He loves my loved ones more than I do. 

Even in the frigid nights these days, I am swathed in blankets and jammies.  I have heat coursing through the pipes, such as it is.  I have 4 walls, floor, and ceiling surrounding me.

I am so blessed to have even this.  When I feel sorry for myself I try to remind myself of how much I have compared to much of the world.  So what if men don't like me?  Jesus loves me, and he is the most manly man I know!

So here I am at a loss as to what to write on my blog these days.  So here I post the question to you faithful readers, of whose responses I most appreciated.

What should I write about?  Please comment with suggestions.

I hope this New Year is one with less violence, less illness, and more hope. For all of us.  God bless you and keep you in His arms.




No comments: