Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Updates

I have two updates to share with you.  One: my cat Chocolate, urinated again on something he enjoys.  His cat massager.  That is not him!  Anyways, he went on the gray rubber ring, so I was able to at least wash it, as opposed to the cardboard box last month.  I don't know why he is doing this.  Is he losing control of his bladder, like his bowel?  I hate this limbo time, where I just have to wait and see if this will be a common occurrence or an unusual aberration.  I mean, who among us hasn't wet our pants in our lifetime? 


The second thing is I am starting an online writing workshop Thursday through Writer's Digest.  I am taking memoir writing.  I wrote my memoir, and although it starts out great it seems to lose its way through the middle.  I realize I don't know what I am doing.


A blog from Steve Weins http://www.stevewiens.com/ reminded me of how when I am afraid sometimes I just have to push through and do it.  Teaching ESL comes easy for me.  Being with the animals at the humane society comes easy for me.  But when it comes to my own elderly cat, sometimes I am clueless.  I wish we could have a common language where he could tell me what is wrong and I can tell him I will take care of him. 

Writing is another thing.  Whenever I sit down in my chair in front of my computer my stomach does a little dance.  It is not a happy dance.  And I pray, "Jehovah Jireh, give me wisdom."  One minute I think I know what I am doing and the next I am thinking, "am I crazy?"  It would be so easy for me to quit.  But I have told too many about my story and my memoir, partly because I know this propensity I have to quit when the going gets tough.  But in my heart, I don't want to.  Like Steve's son being afraid to go to school, I must just do it. 

No comments: