Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Hope 4 Youth


I started volunteering for this place last week.  My church told its congregation about it, so I went on a tour and decided that I would like to volunteer for this place.

They help homeless youth in the Anoka area.  I had no idea there was a problem with homeless youth in my area, but there is.  There are various places to volunteer at, like the drop in center at the old milk factory in Anoka, where youth come in and receive various services.  Another place is their boutique in Champlin, where they sell goods and give the money to the organization.  Third, there is Hope Place, a residential home for youth on the path to independence.  Finally, there are other areas of need for volunteer.

I volunteer at Hope Place.  There I am at the welcome desk where I welcome people who come to work with the residents, and I visit with the residents.  I was very nervous last week when I started, but through God's grace, it went fine, and I was able to complete my shift intact!  

I start leading my Bible study this week, and I hope all goes well, I hope people come, and I hope I can do a good job.  I am very nervous about it, and have been praying about it, so I hope that it comes to be a good experience for all.  

No comments: