Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Update


I love reading memes.  They just make me laugh!  Anyways I liked this one, I think it is very apropos. 

I have been feeling better these days.  I don't know if it is the book I read, "The Grief Recovery Method for Pet Loss," an increase in meds, the time change, or the weather FINALLY warming up.  But I do feel better.

I still don't know what to do about a pet.  Should I adopt one or two cats, should I foster, what should I do?  A part of me thinks fostering is better for now as I don't have to commit.  But a part of me sees pictures of Siamese cats and I melt like hot chocolate. 

I also thinks it helps me to stop watching FOX news channel and stop reading or opening anything on the internet that I know will upset me.  I just try to stick to my icanhascheezburger.com and awkwardfamilyphotos.com.  Both these sites crack me up.  Also I find shows on TV that make me laugh, like Seinfeld, Modern Family, and The Big Bang Theory.  They seem to have Cops and Cops Reloaded on a lot.  I like to watch that because it is entertaining to see how stupid criminals are, how they lie so much even though the cops don't believe a word.  Do they think cops are stupid or what?  It makes me appreciate more of what the cops do.  It is a thankless job, especially nowadays.  They put their life on the line everyday for little money.  Like soldiers, they deserve the respect that they more than earned.  But I will get off my soapbox now. 

I guess I just feel better.  It is weird. When I get over a nervous breakdown I wonder am I really over it or is it just a nice, little, temporary respite?  I wait for the other shoe to drop.  I guess I didn't want to commit to anything as I felt such a doomsday feeling for a long time.  Maybe that is what grief does, makes you feel like you have nothing left, that nothing matters.  It is a scary feeling.  It is a nightmare that you can't wake out of.  It is a hell on earth that I wouldn't wish on anyone, except for terrorists of course! 

I guess I can only take it one day at time.  Appreciate the good days, the warm weather, the sunshine, and the laughs.


No comments: