Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I am a Cat Person


I had wanted to adopt a dog since my apartment complex allowed them a few years ago.  But I knew I had to wait until my cat, Chocolate had passed on.  He was elderly by that time and used to being the only pet in the house.  My mom and brought their dog Minnie but Minnie barked at Chocolate the whole time, and Chocolate kept hissing and growling, literally scaring the crap out of Minnie.

A week after Chocolate passed, I adopted a dog.  It pooped and peed all over my apartment and barked when I was gone and at night.  I soon realized this was a bad idea.  I am not a dog person.

It's not that I don't love dogs.  I love my family's dogs.  But I also think I love that I am not with them 24/7.  I need my space.  I need my home to be my sanctuary.  And apparently, only a cat will do.

So I returned the dog and plan on adopting a cat.  I love cats.  I love their independence.  It doesn't take much to get a dog to love you.  But a cat, when you develop that trust, you know you have earned it.  You know that you have a loyal pet.

So I am most definitely a cat person.

No comments: