Monday, May 21, 2018

Another Update


It has been almost a years since I started teaching at my school, and I finally found out about 2 months ago that I didn't get the four nights a week job.  But I still have the 2 nights a week job.  I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I picked 2 things to do those other nights, so that I can still stay busy and active.

One is that I am taking a drawing and painting class starting next month.  I am excited for this, for I have always wanted to do art but never allowed myself the luxury.  Now that I am working, I am giving myself this gift of doing something that I enjoy. 

Also, I am starting a Bible study next month as well, through my church.  I couldn't find a Bible study that fit my needs, considering the nights I work and how so many have age and stage restrictions.  I have never done this before, but it's something I've wanted to try.  

So that's what's new with me.  Oh, and I got a new car.  For those of you who know that my dad is  a big Ford fan, he got me a Suburu. He believes that's the safest car, and I trust his judgment on cars.  I know nothing about cars, so I thought this was wise.  I love it actually, I feel safe in it.  I feel rather spoiled in it, I never would have been able to afford it on my own.  But it makes things a lot easier for me.

And I am 50!  I heard that on average, people live into their 70s, so I realized, wow, I have 1/3 of my life left.  I better make it count.  

No comments: